STIPA has become the industry standard for measuring the Speech Transmission Index. The Bedrock STIPAmeter is the device that many have been waiting for: finally a STIPA meter that is accurate, reliable and affordable at the same time! Designed from scratch by the very team that invented STIPA and was responsible for the development of the Speech Transmission Index for the last few decades.
The SM50, with its full-coulour touch screen, is easy to use and understand even to first-time users of to the Speech Transmission Index. The casual STI user will not have to deal with impossible key combinations, incredibly complex calibration procedures and other discomforts that people have come to expect from STI measuring tools. To the contrary: the SM50 is easy to use, intuitive and almost plug-and-play. At the same time, even seasoned STI experts will find every feature they ever wanted.
The SM50 was designed from the ground up by the inventors of STIPA, and is a fully compliant Speech Transmission Index measuring device as specified in IEC-60268-16 4th ed. (2011). It offers two measuring modes: a quick screening mode, optimized for ease of use and for quick use, and a “Pro” mode that offers the most complete and versatile functionality of any Speech Transmission Index measurement to date.
- STIPA measuring (quick screening mode, pro mode)
- Type 2 / class 2 Sound Level Meter (fast, slow, A/C.Z-weighting, Leq)
- Real Time Analyzer (1/3 and 1/1 octave)
- FFT analyzer (detailed frequency analysis up to 32768 lines)
- RT60 measuring (reverberation times: T20/T30/EDT).
- More functionality will be added through free future firmware upgrades
- 20 – 20.000 Hz frequency range
- Dynamic range 30-124 dB (with included microphone)
- Full-colour resistive LCD touch screen (240×230 px)
- 4 GB of storage (of which at least 95% available for user data)
- Access to stored data through USB
- Integrated long-life batterypack, rechargeable via USB
- Complies with IEC 60268-16 rev. 4, IEC 61672 Class 2, ANSI S1.4 Type 2
- All necessary accessories (such as microphone, charger, cables, windscreen and carrying case) are included
BEDROCK BTB65 TALKBOX
Every STIPA measurement, whether it is with our STIPAmeter or any other device, needs a source for the STIPA test signal. The Bedrock BTB65 TalkBox is accurate and reliable, but also compact and light enough to pack for every measuring job.
The Bedrock BTB65 Talkbox can be used as an electronic signal source by utilizing the line-out connection. Or it can be used as a calibrated acoustic signal source, due to its integrated loudspeaker. The Bedrock BTB65 Talkbox is designed to accurately play the STIPA test signal, as well as several other test signals. The device features an interactive LCD touchscreen to show, which allows you to easily control all features and monitor its settings at a glance.
- Plays STIPA test signals according to IEC-60268-16 rev. 4 (2011) and draft rev. 5 (2017)
- Play noise (pink, white), sine waves (125 – 8000 Hz) and sweeps
- Also plays back calibrated speech signals, to announce the beginning and end of tests and to obtain a subjective impression of speech intelligibility while testing (male and female speech, US, UK, SP, FR, GE, NL).
- Signals are played back with automatically calibrated spectrum and level (no user calibration needed – optional adjustment of nominal level).
- Can also be used as an electronic signal source through the featured line-out jack.
- Has a 3.5mm jack line-in to use the TalkBox as a powered loudspeaker with computers and smartphones.
- Loudspeaker frequency range 20 – 16,000 Hz; flat response within +/- 1 dB between 80 Hz and 16 kHz
- Plays back signal at a standardized (calibrated) signal levels of 54-72 dB(A) @ 1m
- Signal level can be increased/decreased relative to the nominal level to test dynamics
- Powered through the external power supply (included)