The Bedrock AM100 is the flagship instrument of the Bedrock line, packing an unprecedented number of features into a robust handheld device. Following Bedrock tradition, all modules come standard with every AM100, from speech intelligibility to building acoustics. The AM100 adds useful new features such as an integrated signal generator and wireless connectivity via Bluetooth and WiFi. In terms of its key acoustic specifications, the AM100 is on par with far more expensive competitors – while also offering an extremely easy-to-use interface and attractive and robust design (based on glass and aerospace grade alloy). For most users, the AM100 is the only device you’ll ever need.
The AM100 is based on a newly developed hardware platform, with has improved specifications across the board. Its high-resolution capacitive touch display makes the device even easier to work with, while its enhanced battery life, shortened charge time and power management are improvements welcomed by many seasoned power users. Connect wirelessly with your AM100, across distances small or large, by making use of Bluetooth or Wifi. Connect a headset to listen in on your measurements directly, or to record voice annotations through your headset’s microphone. Use the second input channel for advanced new measurement types. Make use of the internal signal generator for STI testing or frequency transfer measurements. Use the intuitive “top bar menus” to quickly access your settings or save a screenshot of your measurement. Your AM100 is ready for any job – whether you are in pro audio, room acoustics, environmental acoustics, building acoustics or otherwise – the tools are all there. The AM100 is not dependent on external PC software to run complex measurements – it can all be done right on the device itself, whether you are in your lab or out in the field.
- Class 1 / Type 1 sound level meter (fast, slow, impulse; A/C.Z-weighting, Leq, SEL) conforming to IEC-61672 class 1, ANSI S1.4 Type 1.
- STIPA measuring (quick screening mode, pro mode, averaging mode)
- Full STI using the direct method (65 second measurement).
- Speech Level Measurements cf IEC-60268 Annex J.
- Statistical acoustics (L10, L90, etc)
- Real Time Analyzer (1/12, 1/6, 1/3 and 1/1 octave)
- FFT analyzer (detailed frequency analysis up to 32768 lines)
- RT60 measuring (reverberation times: T20/T30/EDT).
- Noise Curves (NR, NC, PNC, NCB, RC, RC mark II)
- Fundamental frequency estimation
- Building acoustics: D, R’, DnT, Dn
- Building acoustics: SRI/STC.
- Audio oscilloscope
- Long term logging and monitoring (LEQ, RTA)
- AC Volt meter for audio line level measurements (dBU, dBV, V rms)
- Calibrated audio recording
- USB audio device mode – calibrated audio for your PC-based software applications
- More functionality will be added through free future firmware upgrades.
- 20 – 20.000 Hz frequency range
- Dynamic range 20-130 dB (with included microphone; up to 145 with attenuator sold separately)
- High resolution capacitive touch TFT display
- 32 GB of storage (of which at least 30 GB available for user data)
- Access to stored data and recorded audio through high-speed USB2.0 interface
- Wireless control via Bluetooth and WiFi
- Second input channel
- Integrated signal generator (noise, STI signals, sines, sweeps)
- Headset jack (for monitoring and recording voice notes)
- Integrated long-life battery pack, rechargeable via USB Power Delivery.
- Complies with IEC 60268-16 rev. 4, IEC 61672 Class 1, ANSI S1.4 Type 1, IEC-62160 class 0 (RTA), ISO-3382
- All necessary accessories (such as microphone, charger, cables, windscreen and a ruggedized waterproof carrying case) are included
The Bedrock AM100 is built up around a frame of aerospace grade alloy, hardened glass (for the display) and durable plastics (ABS).