The Nor1516B offers wireless communication between the PC in the hands of the operater and the measuring instruments in both the source and receiving room. The new Nor1516B system greatly simplifies the setup and communication protocols. By connecting the small external special developed Bluetooth Transceiver Nor520 directly to one or two of the Nor140 handheld sound analyser(s), a single or dual channel wireless building acoustic system may be setup with a minimum of time at almost any location. The nominal maximum distance from the analyser to the operating PC is 300 meters in free sight which for practical purposes is powerful enough to communicate through most building constructions.
Normally, building acoustics testing in the field requires putting out a long noise generator cable between the test rooms. For dual channel measurements, long microphone extension cables must be laid out as well. This procedure is time consuming, particularly when the cables are to be laid out of windows in one room and into another window in the other room, Or, in cases where the cables have to go through corridors, down the staircase, and into a new corridor on another floor!
The Nor1516B Bluetooth Wireless Building Acoustics System is designed to avoid these cumbersome procedures. In addition, it limits the wear and tear problems often found on these cables when used over a period of time.
The Nor1516B System requires one measurement unit in each of the test rooms, plus a loudspeaker for noise excitation, and a control unit placed with operator in a third room. With these units, any airborne or impact sound insulation test may be performed including the measurements of reverberation times and the final calculation of the sound insulation indeeces (Rw, STC, Ln,w, etc.).
- No cables between source-, receiving– and control-rooms
- Elimination of long unwieldy microphone extension cables
- Elimination of cable wear due to transportation and through-door or -window
- Great time savings for sound insulation tests due to easy set-up and tear-down
- Single or dual channel measurements
- Any existing Nor118 or Nor140 can be upgraded to become the measuring unit in the 1516B system
Geonoise Noise registration instruments and software
Address: 555/147-148 Sukhapiban 5
Phone: (+66) 02-0035904
Fax: (+66) 02-0033054
Norsonic Noise source
Nor275 Hemi-dodecahedron loudspeaker
Noise Excitation Equipment for Building Acoustics Measurements.
A powerful sound source designed for building acoustics measurements per ISO-140/4 Annex A (Field measurements). The source provides uniform sound radiation. When used with the power amplifier Nor280, the high sound power level ensures accurate descriptors in measurement conditions that include high background levels, high sound insulation properties and large room volumes.
Nor275 is designed for placement on the floor and uses the floor as a mirror for emitted sound.
The loudspeaker is designed to operate at full power for more than one hour continuously.
The Nor275 is designed to be used with the Nor280 power amplifier only. Using other amplifiers may damage the speaker and will void the warranty.
– Nor275 fulfill ISO 140-4 Annex A standard for airborne insulation measurements in field.
– 120 dB Lw
– Lightweight (6 kg / 13.2 lb), portable and rugged design for field use.
Typical sound power level vs. frequency of the Hemi-dodecahedron Loudspeaker Nor275 when used with the pink noise source and equalizer included in the Power Amplifier Nor280.
Nor276 Dodecahedron Loudspeaker
The Nor276 is a high power loudspeaker with omnidirectional characteristics.
It fulfils the following standards; ISO 140-3 Annex C (Laboratory measurements), ISO 140-4 Annex A (Field measurements) and the ISO3382 Annex A (Reverberation Time measurements).
The output power level is up to 120 db re. 1pW for a pink noise signal.
The Nor276 has been designed for continuous operation for more than one hour at full power. It is designed to be used with Nor280 Power Amplifier only. Using other amplifiers may damage the speakers and will void the warranty.
The dimension is 332 mm (13”) diameter.
Typical sound power level vs. frequency of the Dodecahedron Loudspeaker Nor276
when used with the pink noise source and equalizer included in the Power Amplifier Nor280.
Maximum and minimum directivity indices in different directions
according to the requirements in ISO 140-3 and ISO 140-4 compared to the tolerance limits.
Maximum and minimum directivity indices in different directions
according to the requirements in ISO 3382-1 compared to the tolerance limits.
Sound power in different directions for Nor276. The measurement is done in a horizontal plane through the centre of the loudspeaker. The graph shows the response for a sinusoidal signal at 100 Hz, 315 Hz, 1 kHz and 3,15 kHz.
Nor277 Tapping Machine
For making footfall noise transmission measurements in buildings as set out in International and National Standards
– Impact sound transmission testing according to ISO 140 part VI, VII and VIII, ASTM E-492 and ASTM E-1007
– Determination of single number quantity index Ln,w, in accordance with ISO 717-2 and ASTM E-989
– Remote operation from hand switch or PC
– Mains or battery operation
– Powered from 85-264 volt AC main supply. Built in Lithium Ion rechargeable batteries.
– Battery capacity: Typical 1 hour with intermittent use and 45 minutes of continues operation.
– Battery de-rating: <5% loss in capacity per 100 discharge/charge cycles.
– Charging time: 2 hours
– Low weight 10 kg (22 lb) incl. battery and wireless remote option
– Rugged construction
– Five hammers each having a mass of 500 g falling from a height of 40 mm (adjustable)
– Tapping sequence of 10 impacts per second, rpm controlled via servo feedback loop
– Built in self check of hammer fall speed, and tapping sequence.
– Retractable feet
– Dimensions feet retracted: 165 x 230 x 495 mm (6,5 x 9,1 x 19,5″)
– Dimensions feet extended: 265 x 230 x 495 mm (10,4 x 9,1 x 19,5″)
Nor280 Power Amplifier
Our aim is to take the latest technology available to help our customers complete their measurements faster but without loss of precision. With the Nor280 we have again met this objective.This power amplifier is the 4th generation of specially designed units for building acoustic measurements from Norsonic. It is less than half the size and weight, but twice as powerful as its predecessors; it replaces the Nor260 as the preferred amplifier to drive the Norsonic range of full and hemi dodecahedron instrumentation loudspeakers.
– Specially designed for Building Acoustic measurements
– Lightweight and rugged construction
– Self contained noise generator
– 500 Wrms output power
– Emits 120 dB sound power level in the 50—5000 Hz frequency range when used with Norsonic dodecahedron loudspeakers types Nor275 or Nor276
– Wireless remote control of noise generator (optional)
– Equalization network to optimise acoustic output from speaker
– Balanced signal input for low noise and limited cross talk problems
– Sound insulation measurements
– Reverberation time measurements
– Absorption coefficient measurements
Nor279 Impact Ball (ISO140-5)
- To be used as the “Rubber Ball “ alternative to the Tapping Machine Excitation method in accordance with the ISO 16283-2 Appendix A.2 and the ISO 10140-5 Appendix F.2
- Fulfill the requirements for a “standard heavy impact source” as given in the Japanese JIS A 1418-2:2000 Standard for impact sound insulation
- Hollow sphere ball
- Outside diameter 178mm and thickness 32mm
- Silicone rubber material
- Equivalent mass 2,5 kg (+/- 0,1kg)
- Coefficient of restitution at 0,8 (+/- 0,1)
- Rubber hardness 40o (+/- 5o)